Apply to be on the IR Review's 2018-19 Editorial Board!
Apply here by July 9th to be considered! Open positions include Journal Writer, Blog Writer, Editor, Layout Editor, and REACT News Anchor.
Fall 2018 Submission Deadline:
October 16th, 2018
Submit to: email@example.com
All submissions must be:
- Original pieces written by you
- Between 1500 - 2000 words long
- Essay pieces (no editorials please)
- Contemporary issues (not historical)
- Papers that you wrote for classes that follow these guidelines are acceptable!
Tips & Suggestions for Getting Published:
- The more obscure the topic and country covered, the better!
- If it isn’t making CNN headlines, we want to hear about it.
- Diversify your field: involve culture, science, religion, and economics.
- Avoid mainstream issues like the Syrian refugee crisis and the rise of the right wing.
- Avoid countries that are always in the news, like China, Russia, and the United States.
Here's what's going on around the world:
- Human rights violations by the Cambodian government
- Ancient diseases unearthed by climate change in Siberia
- Elephants and humans come into conflict in India
- Mass refugee crisis in Burundi
- Africa's first female president outlaws female genital mutilation in Liberia
- Thousands stolen in crypto-currency in Japan.
Or brainstorm on your own. There's a lot going on around the world, and we want to showcase it.
Send us your pictures, too!
Picture submissions must be:
- Photographs, drawings, comics, or political cartoons
- Original photographs or drawings by you
- Quality photographs in RAW or JPEG file types
- If you're using a Smartphone, photographs of iPhone 7, 8, and X quality will be considered